Join me on the Caribbean island of Cayman Brac from February 7 to February 12, 2018 for our first-ever, land-based photo tour of this rugged tropical paradise, at a special introductory price.
Our home base for this photo tour will be at the Carib Sands Condominiums.
During my previous trip to Cayman Brac I created many memorable bird images right on the beach at Carib Sands. Participants are expected to have a good understanding of their camera system and should be prepared for walking distances at some locations of 1-2 kilometres. Some of the terrain we will be walking over is uneven due to Cayman Brac’s iron shore.
The main objective of this photo tour will be to photograph epic sunrise and sunset scenes looking out over the Caribbean Sea, rugged ocean scenics at the base of the 140 foot bluff, The Bat Cave, Brown Booby, Cayman Brac Parrot, Herons, Egrets, and many more. Depending on local knowledge of accessible roosting Barn Owls we may have the opportunity to explore a cave to photograph these as well. We will also include two night sessions (dates to be selected depending on current weather conditions at the time) to photograph starry nightscapes and to seek nocturnal wildlife such as Cuban Tree Frogs and Hurricane Crabs.
During the mid-day hours when conditions are not particularly suitable for land based photography participants can explore the island on their own, grab some rest and relaxation, or accompany me on snorkelling excursions at the numerous shore diving sites. These snorkelling excursions are a great way to try your hand at underwater photography. I can provide advice on how best to get your gear into the water for those that are interested.
Please note that the fee for Cayman Brac 2018 is broken down into two segments. One part is the condominium rental and second is the photo tour. Please select the condominium rental that will work best for you and your travel companion, if applicable.
Please note that the fees for this photo tour are in US dollars.
• Two bedroom condominium (ideal for two participants / two couples) = US$2,010, Ocean View $2,140
Photo Tour Rate
• Was US$1695 Discounted to US$1275.00
• Non-participating spouses are welcome for additional US$350 (non-participating spouses are welcome to join the photo sessions if space permits)
February 7: 6:00 p.m. meet and greet at the Carib Sands Pool
February 8 to 12:
6:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. morning session for sunrise and bird life (various locations dependant on weather conditions)
4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. evening session for sunset and bird life (various locations dependant on weather conditions)
February 12 • Farewell Beach BBQ at 7:00 p.m.
• In-the-field photographic instruction during each session
• Transportation for photo tour participants during excursions
• Image review sessions
• Beach BBQ on the last day of the photo tour
• Complimentary snorkel excursions for those interested
• Free WiFi at Condominium
What’s Not Included:
• Flights to and from Grand Cayman
• Island hopper flights to and from Cayman Brac
• Transportation outside of the photo tour excursions (folks attending daily snorkel excursions will be provided transportation)
• Masks, Fins, and Snorkels