Join award winning photographer Andrew McLachlan on Ontario’s Bruce Peninsula May 27th, 28th, & 29th 2019 for 2 ½ days of in-depth photographic exploration. During this workshop we will visit some of the finest landscapes that the Georgian Bay coast has to offer. Embrace the beauty of turquoise waters and rugged limestone cliffs as we chase the light along the Niagara Escarpment - an UNESCO World Biosphere.
Maximum number of participants is 8 (only 3 spots open)
Do note that there will be walking involved on woodland trails and rocky shorelines with uneven terrain. The longest walk to get on location will be roughly 20 – 30 minutes in length. Please do not hesitate to inquire should you have any concerns regarding physical limitations that may affect your ability to attend this event.
During our excursions on the Bruce Peninsula we will likely encounter several species of native orchids that are only found in this location of the province. Upon our encounters with them we will pause to capture a few flower portraits along the way.
Itinerary (subject to change based on weather conditions at the time):
Monday, May 27th:
• Meet in the parking lot of Halfway Log Dump for sunrise / daybreak photo session at 5:00 a.m.
• Stop for lunch (on your own) as a group at 1:00 p.m. (estimated time)
• 20-30 minute walk to Indian Head Cove / The Grotto for afternoon photo session
• Dinner (on your own) as a group before sunset session
• Sunset photo session at Singing Sands at 8:00 p.m.
• Get some rested for early start on Tuesday
Tuesday May 28th:
• Meet at 5:00 a.m. at Little Cove for sunrise photo session
• Stop for lunch (on your own) as a group at 1:00 p.m.(estimated time)
• Afternoon photo session at Singing Sands (orchids) or Little Cove (based on weather conditions and group interest)
• 20-30 minute walk to sunset photo session at Indian Head Cove for 8:00 p.m. arrival
• Complimentary dinner
Wednesday, May 29th:
• Halfway Log Dump sunrise photo session at 5:00 a.m.
• Depart for home 12:00 p.m.
• In-depth photographic instruction during each photo session with LCD review to ensure you are capturing the best possible images given the conditions of the day
• Dinner at restaurant in Tobermory on Tuesday May 28th
What’s Not Included:
• Accommodations (numerous options available in Tobermory... I will be staying the Coach House Inn – they offer complimentary continental breakfast)
• Day use vehicle passes for each day
• Car pooling of participants is encouraged for each photo session
• Breakfasts, lunches, and Monday's dinner
• Protein bars offering 20g of protein are great snacks prior to sunrise sessions
• Alcoholic Beverages
$325.00 CDN plus taxes
Payment can be made via email transfer or by cheque.
To reserve your spot in the Bruce Peninsula Workshop please contact me by clicking here to arrange payment.
61 Days or greater – full refund less $75 administration fee
60 Days or less – No Refunds